I completed my BA in Public Relations in December 2015 and I’m ready to get to work!
I am a dedicated, goal driven person who will analyze what needs to be done and find the best solution for the situation. I find that each situation has different requirements. I keep those requirements in mind and strive to find the most diplomatic, cost-effective way to achieve the goal.
My volunteer experience over the last 10 years has been focused on event planning/promotion, public relations for non-profits, print and web design (WordPress website creation and managing), fundraising, working with and managing groups and volunteers, and internal and external communications. My intention with attending school recently was to increase the skills I have learned through my volunteer work. I am interested in working in communications/public relations for a non-profit organization that promotes advocacy for the dignity and human rights of persons who may not be able to speak up for themselves alone.
I work well in collaborative efforts as both a leader and with leaders. My leadership style is to become acquainted with my teammates and draw on their strengths as well as encouraging them to pursue new interests and skills when possible.
I am an excellent meeting facilitator able to stay on task and keep meetings timely and productive. With my extensive volunteer experience I feel I would be able to quickly get up to speed on some of the job responsibilities that I have not yet had professional experience doing otherwise. I believe that you will find my experience, education, and background useful to your organization.
Some additional information about what I can do for your organization:
- Communication skills developed through working with volunteers, on boards, as well as through customer service at for-profit companies.
- Involved in facilitating the space for the secular homeschool community to grow in order to support homeschoolers who choose to homeschool for educational reasons.
- Served on the board of directors at the Unitarian Universalist Church of Pensacola for five years as well as serving in many other capacities at the church such as webmaster, event promotion, and publicity coordinator.
- Volunteer and paid experience in marketing for many years. Managed social media for non-profit and for-profit companies.
- Worked in management positions in the retail and manufacturing industry where my responsibilities included scheduling, ordering supplies, and instructing employees.
- Passionate about promoting the organizations mission and work to relevant persons, business, and organizations.
- Background in print and online creation/maintenance includes writing and designing newsletters, and graphics manipulation/creation.
- Some experience with audio/visuals such as MS Powerpoint and Adobe Premier Pro.
- Hobby photographer having taken professional photography class at PSC.
Please take a look at my resume and let me know if you have any questions. I would love to meet with you and find out how my qualifications will be beneficial to your organization’s success. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call my cell phone at 850.610.0956 or 850.221.1438.